Important cases heard in Delhi High Court on Monday
Important cases heard in the Delhi High Court on Monday, November 21: * PIL filed in HC seeking a direction to transfer the investigation into the Shraddha Walkar murder case from the Delhi Police to the CBI and alleging that the presence of media and public at places of recovery amounts to tampering of evidence.
* HC told certain media organisations to ensure that their broadcast on the Delhi excise policy scam cases is "in tune with official press releases" by the CBI and the ED and complies with guidelines.
* HC began hearing the bail plea by 'United Against Hate' founder Khalid Saifi in a UAPA case related to the alleged conspiracy behind the 2020 Delhi riots and said it would hold daily hearings from November 25 on a batch of related pleas seeking the release of several accused.
* Delhi government think tank DDCD's vice-chairman Jasmine Shah approached HC challenging the lieutenant governor's order restricting him from discharging his duties and sealing his office.
* HC asked the government to endeavour to expeditiously notify rules for transporting camels participating in the Republic Day parade, preferably within three months.
* HC asked the Railways to take back the demolition notice issued by it to slum dwellers residing in Shakur Basti area in northwest Delhi.
* HC said entitlement to post-retirement benefits is based on the terms of service and it is up to the central government to fix a cut-off date for the purposes of changing the conditions relating to payment of pension to its employees. PTI ADS SKV DIV DIV